A History of FURY

As the name implies, discussion of general topics occurs here.

A History of FURY

Postby foamy » September 18th, 2010, 7:39 pm

A collection of round summaries, quotes, chatlogs, AP rants, and general paraphernalia has been assembled by Solace.

You can find it here: http://kiserai.net/~solace/Fury.htm

There's some interesting reading there, including a different take on some of the events Andrew's been posting lately.
In the grim future of redial, there is only bitterness.
foamy
Barista

IRC Nickname(s): DarthFoamy

Re: A History of FURY

Postby ECAFRUNOTABMUN » September 19th, 2010, 4:32 am

<Malhavoc> I mean, look at political discussions. Do you know how loud Greven would be whining if he knew who I was?

Classic.
ECAFRUNOTABMUN

Postby Andrew_tM » September 19th, 2010, 11:47 am

Mostly there's not too much difference, anyway, as it's mostly factual stuff on there. Solace just goes into far more detail than I do as mine's more of a high-level overview. There's more accuracy on 2.2 which I intend to go back and correct some of my hazy memories on as the screenshots and notices help to place a bit better.

Besides that, it's an entertaining read; I've both been using it as a reference and contributing a bit to it as well.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
- Albert Einstein
Andrew_tM
Barista

IRC Nickname(s): Andrew_tM

Postby Drunkenduo » October 8th, 2010, 10:43 am

Incredibly awesome page.

I found an interesting screenshot http://kiserai.net/~solace/2.3/10062raid.htm as well:

Carrier L: 230 0/10
Deployed
Accuracy Aura +1
Drunkenduo [Online] Wraith L: 22 [Examine]

I'm thinking to myself what the hell I am doing there in my level 230 wraith carrier.

Full time scanning and organization duty? Repairing? Getting ready to switch to full wraith combat drones of doom? Stuck in an alcohol delirium?...

I have no idea how you guys remember all this crap, but I'm loving it. And for the record: Solace was by far the 'easiest to work' with leader I have worked with in all those rounds. It was a true pleasure to fly with you guys back then.

Edit: Wow, found what I was doing in one of your forum saves:

==========================
07/25/04 01:18:14 EDT Acquiesced
DD did very well RC'ing and Grim was very patient with us. At first, it was laggy and I was refreshing and checking all five of our repairtargets (which was very difficult given 30 visible ships IS) and we were doing like 30 second triggers. And I got the blue-screen-of-death and I had to reboot my computer. But after that DD and I worked out a double-calling system and Grim was fine with it and we were doing 15 second triggers regularly.
==========================

I RC'ed? I have no recollection of ever doing that....ever...We must have been desperate then..?
Drunkenduo

IRC Nickname(s): Drunkenduo

Postby Drunkenduo » October 8th, 2010, 11:23 am

wow I'm on a screenshot as a level 11 polloid!! WHAT THE balloons.

I truely don't remember polloid, but if it was a race, I'm sure Vinz Clortho forced me to pick it. Thanks for your memories guys :).
Drunkenduo

Postby Drunkenduo » October 8th, 2010, 12:08 pm

And finally:

Solace's and Andrew's recollection of the game is very intense. I have been very dedicated to the game and more so to my alliance members. The alliances I have had the privilege of (co-)leading (SG, IGF-FL, Amazons, Discordia, Warriors) were just messing around compared to what I have read of in your expositions.

It were people like Ignorance, Velox Nex and Atma who kept those alliances from going completely mental and disbanding after an adrenaline-raged killing spree. I primarily concerned myself with keeping everyone motivated, concocting idiotic adrenaline raged jumps and now and then maintaining the public relations.

But compared to you guys I was just a selfish git and went for what I felt was the most fun to do. I know this was just a game, but I'm still impressed with the effort you put into creating those great alliances and giving your members something to cheer about.
Drunkenduo

Postby Andrew_tM » October 9th, 2010, 9:10 am

Drunkenduo wrote:I found an interesting screenshot http://kiserai.net/~solace/2.3/10062raid.htm as well:

In my mind, the funniest part about that screenshot is seeing NEEO in sector allied to all those Fury.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
- Albert Einstein
Andrew_tM
Barista

IRC Nickname(s): Andrew_tM

Postby zer0das » October 9th, 2010, 11:54 am

The funny thing is, Sol found a comment I made about this subject back in early 2.3 when we were discussing IGF. Here's the essence of the topic with the extraneous stuff edited out.

<zer0das> they strike me as bitter people
<zer0das> in general
* Solace prays he is not making a terrible mistake.

Of course, this is only referring to a specific group within IGF and not referring to the alliance as a whole. At any rate, I think the general consensus going forward was there was no way it was going to last, and we were going to stand on our own.
zer0das

Postby Solace » October 11th, 2010, 7:11 am

Drunkenduo wrote:I RC'ed? I have no recollection of ever doing that....ever...We must have been desperate then..?

I think we were always desperate. :P If I recall correctly, you not only RCed but did a damn good job of it too...

<3 DD
Solace

Postby Grimlakin » November 5th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Drunkenduo wrote:I RC'ed? I have no recollection of ever doing that....ever...We must have been desperate then..?

I raided? I have no recollection of ever doing that.....ever...I must of been suicidal over the thought of RC'ing or some thing. Still didn't make it on to a single kill notice :(
Grimlakin

Postby Blah » November 14th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Yes you must have raided Grim, otherwise your name wouldn't be familiar to me ;)
Blah

Return to General Discussion