Hypermutt being renamed:

News and Announcements regarding Redial and related sites.

Re: Hypermutt being renamed:

Postby Solarisphere » March 22nd, 2008, 1:41 pm

Meh, less intriguing than I was expecting.
There ain't a problem that can't be solved with a good old fashioned row - so grit your teeth and stand your ground.
Solarisphere

IRC Nickname(s): Solarisphere, Solar

Postby Freddie » March 24th, 2008, 2:32 pm

From what I remmember is that Sdog sold hypermutt.something to VJ, and bought Hypermutt.somethingelse VJ went legal saying when Sdog sold his half of hypermutt.something he sold the rights to the name and some bollocks
Freddie

Postby Andrew_tM » March 27th, 2008, 8:00 am

I've no clue what happened really. All I saw was that a lot of people knew SD and had sympathies with him, naturally. And VJ had the communicative skills of a stunned herring, so between the two noone really got a true picture of what was happening.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
- Albert Einstein
Andrew_tM
Barista

IRC Nickname(s): Andrew_tM

Postby zmaniacz » March 27th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Also, VJ is a total liar. A pathological liar. Seriously. You cannot ever trust him. Do not ever enter into any serious agreement with him, you will get gregged. I cannot stress that enough.
Sometimes I get beat up, Sometimes I'm the beater, Sometimes man my feet hurt from walking so long
zmaniacz
Insurance Salesman

IRC Nickname(s): ZmaniacZ

Postby NEEO » November 20th, 2008, 1:59 am

hi ur server is cool and all but WTF IS THIS I GET EVERYTIME I TRY CONNECTING?????

Closing Link: GladiaTor by rage.irc.highgard.com (Excess Flood)
-

WHAT EXCESS FLOOD ,I DIDENT EVEN CONNECT U BASTARD!!!
NEEO

IRC Nickname(s): NEEO

Postby Mipe » November 21st, 2008, 8:50 am

Stop wanking while trying to connect and you won't get excess flood.
Mipe

IRC Nickname(s): Mipe

Postby todd10000 » February 15th, 2009, 2:20 pm

or take your finger off the esc key
todd10000

IRC Nickname(s): todd10k

Postby Newtype » August 30th, 2009, 7:18 pm

Well, don't ask me how I ended up here reading this post, but since VJ never followed through with any of his terms in the settlement, I figured I would enlighten.

The details leading up to the actual suit can be asked of SD, I won't get into that. But I will start off with that as GNU Order, SD, and myself launched our formal biz back in the fall of 2006, it turned out that VJ had a problem with that. Once we filed our trademark application for Hypermutt, VJ continuously filed objections to it. Twice he was granted an extension (go lack of legal precedents on internet laws) and it began dragging out.
Finally, late in 2007, VJ actually filed a suit against us using a law firm. All of us attended a teleconference and discussed settlement. Some of the terms included the much talked about gag order on the IRC servers, any of our websites and the such, about VJ or Hypermutt. We were to cease any browser game activity for two years, and relinquish control of the hypermutt domains within 30 days. He was to pay us a sum of $2500 to cover our past legal fees and to pay for our new LLC and trademark applications within 90 days of us meeting our terms. Also he was forbidden to operate as a webhost or domain manager.
We all signed, and sent the settlement back to him. Of course, all he had to do was create a dynadot account and accept the transfer but that was too much, and he claimed we were in breech of contract because he didn't get off his ass and accept the transfer. This accusation went on for two months.
I can only assume he either drove his lawyers nuts or couldn't pay them their fees as he fired them shortly after.
SD and I researched Florida law and found that he was required to file the settlement immediately after it was signed by all parties, and of course he did not. So, that settlement decayed as none of the terms were actually met by either party or enforced. So, he could not sue us and we wouldn't get our cash.
Until last month we had heard nothing from him. I received a letter from another lawyer, the correspondence being nothing more than a cover letter over the top of the original settlement. The hilarious part was that the cover letter demanded that the original terms be met, by a date that had already past by the time I actually received the letter. The demand was backed by a threat of an $84,000 lawsuit.
Now, I'm not an idiot and nothing here has ever made sense. But just to be sure, I ran the letter by my wife's boss who happens to be one of the biggest lawyers in the Mid-West, and he laughed at it almost to the point of tears. His response was that the documents were nothing more than used poop tickets. VJ was in no way able to legally use the same settlement against us as it had expired over 18 months ago.
So, there you have it. VJ and SD's disagreements before the legalities began aside, VJ is not the brightest person.
Newtype

IRC Nickname(s): NT

Postby Deception » September 5th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Thanks for the little tidbit, funny stuff
Deception

IRC Nickname(s): Deception

Postby Bunneh » May 19th, 2010, 8:21 am

anyone know the new commands? im trying to register a channel here....
- Any post longer then 3 lines of text is irrelevant therefor i dont read them.
Bunneh

IRC Nickname(s): Bunneh

Postby foamy » September 18th, 2010, 11:30 pm

That's hilarious, NewType. Did anything more ever come of it?
In the grim future of redial, there is only bitterness.
foamy
Barista

IRC Nickname(s): DarthFoamy

Previous

Return to News